I’m on a mission to introduce my kids to fruits and veges they’ve not had before. Making a dessert certainly prepares their mindset to think ‘yum!’. So here is my version of a super easy Rhubarb Raspberry Crumble that is gluten-free and dairy-free.
The original recipe is from The Road To Loving My Thermo Mixer but anyone can make this with a food processor.
- 250g gluten-free plain flour
- 90g sugar (I used xylitol)
- 220g nuttelex
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 5 sticks of rhubarb, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Line a lamington/slice tray with baking paper.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Mix on high until a slight dough forms.
- Place dough into tin and smooth out with the base of a glass or hands.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Place all ingredients into a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook until softened and liquid has evaporated slightly.
- Pour over base.
- Place back into the oven whilst preparing the crumb layer.
- Place crumble ingredients into a large bowl.
- Using your fingers tips rub the ingredients together to form a breadcrumb like texture. Some lumps is completely fine.
- Sprinkle crumbs over slice and bake until golden. Approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly and remove from pan.
A drizzle of custard or a scoop of ice-cream and dessert was ready before bed!